2dphone Version 2.5 Professional
What’s New in Version 2.5 Professional?
2dphone is back and better than ever. The following new features are the result of our continuous improvement efforts and of our customers’ feedback. For a full feature list, please refer to the “Full Feature List” section later in this document.
New features in 2dphone include:
1) PDA Address Book Lookup, tap the icon on the top of New SMS and View SMS screens to quickly lookup all numbers stored in your PDA Address Book. Select the desired contact, tap Add and select the desired number that will be displayed in the To: Text Box. This is a quick alternative way to enter numbers from the PDA Address Book without using the To: button or the paste menu command. Please note that the Phone Number Lookup screen let you select ALL Address Book numbers, including email and text that is not accepted by 2dphone.
2) CALL function, tap the icon on the RH side of the To: Text Box to call the entered number from your mobile phone. A number must be entered to access this function. From the dialog box, tap Call button to call the displayed number from your IrDA enabled mobile phone (make sure the IrDA port is activated).
2dphone is the advanced SMS application for PalmOS® PDAs that is very easy to use. 2dphone’s feature list is unmatched in any PDA SMS application on the market today.In addition, 2dphone is sold by a selected network of professional Web sites at a competitive price. Launched in July 2001, 2dphone is now among the most downloaded and appreciated applications for SMS composition and transmission.2dphone customers enjoy excellent customer service and the benefits of a product that is constantly improved.
Full Feature List
· Compose SMS messages on your PDA and send them via any mobile phone through IrDA link . Send SMS messages to up to 5 recipients (4 blind copy recipients and one main TO recipient).
· Review, delete, and forward sent SMS messages.
· Import SMS messages from your mobile phone to your PDA’s memo pad. Gain instant access to important SMS messages from any application. Also export SMS messages from your list of sent SMS messages to your PDA’s memo pad.
· Call selected numbers from your PDA Address Book.
· Quickly select phone numbers from the PDA Address Book database.
· Setup 2dphone to exchange information with up to 10 mobile phones of any make and model.
· Use 2dphone Book for up to 9999 contacts.
· Download and merge all contacts/phone numbers to 2dphone Book from: PDA Address Book, mobile SIM phone list, and mobile MEM phone list. Existing contacts whose phone numbers have changed are updated in 2dphone Book.
· Update mobile SIM phone list and/or mobile MEM phone list to reflect changes made in 2dphone Book.
· Add any contact and phone number from 2dphone Book to mobile SIM phone list and/or mobile MEM phone list.
· Find 2dphone Book contacts.
· Edit and save entries in 2dphone Book.
· Set your default number preferences.
· Cut and Paste commands.
· Context-sensitive help.
· Request of status report (a flash SMS from SMSC to confirm delivery).
· Send SMS messages to email addresses.
Differences between the unregistered (free) version and the registered version of 2dphone
Both the unregistered (free) version and the registered version of 2dphone have no time limits; you can use either version and send SMS messages as long as you wish. Many features are not available to the unregistered (free) version, such as:
· Exporting SMS messages to PDA MemoPad,
· Downloading mobile phone numbers and PDA address book,
· Adding custom numbers and setting of preferences, etc.
The unregistered (free) version of 2dphone is basically intended to let you test on your PDA and mobile phone the basic functions of 2dphone. After testing for compatibility, please purchase your registered copy of 2dphone 2.5 Professional.
Basic 2dphone Use – Compose SMS Messages
Step 1. - Enter the addressee phone number
Enter the addressee phone number in the Text Box to the right of the “To:” label. The number should ALWAYS include the international prefix (for example, +44 for the UK, +49 for Germany, + 39 for Italy, + 46 for Sweden, + 1 for the US, etc.) IF YOU ARE USING AN UNREGISTERED (FREE) VERSION of 2dphone, you cannot set a default international prefix and must enter the prefix manually.
For registered users, 2dphone automatically adds the default international prefix, if no international prefix is found. (e.g. 034011111 becomes (+international prefix) 34011111). Again this can be changed by REGISTERED USERS ONLY. If you enter, for instance, + 9722223333, there will be no change at all since there is an international number prefix (+972 in this case).
Step 2. – Enter the SMS message text
Enter your SMS text in the large text area in the middle of the screen. Your text cannot exceed 160 characters (this is a SMS standard limitation), so if you need to send more text you need to send the first part, and then write a new SMS or modify the one you have just sent.
Step 3. – (Optional) – Mark the status checkbox to receive confirmation of SMS delivery from SMSC. This service is available from the SMSC, it may be not active worldwide.
Step 4. – (Optional) - Send SMS messages to email addresses. Check the eM checkbox to enable this feature. Enter the number provided by your carrier with a “+” prefix (no international prefix required, e.g. if the number is 49696, enter +49696). In the body of the message enter the required addressee (e.g. “email” firstname.lastname@example.org and the rest of the message). Carriers may have different formats, please refer to the carrier’s specifications.
Step 5. – Send SMS
Once you are happy with your message, make sure that the IrDA port is activated on your mobile and tap the Send SMS button. 2dphone will connect with your mobile and send the SMS message. When done, your SMS message will be displayed in the menu->View->View SMS. You can use the arrows to scroll between the sent SMS messages. Note that if the SMS message was correctly sent, on the bottom you will see “Sent: OK”, if not an error will be displayed.
Review, delete, and resend sent SMS messages
A sample of a new SMS message A sample of NEW Lookup function
To access the list of sent SMS messages, tap on the menu View and then View SMS.To review a sent SMS message, select it from the list and tap on it.To delete a sent SMS message, review it and tap the delete button.To resend a sent SMS message, review it, modify it if necessary, and select the new recipients. Please note that old BCC recipients are in parenthesis and will not be included in the new message. It will be necessary to select them again.
Using Features for Registered Users
As a registered user of 2dphone you have access to the product’s complete feature set.
Import SMS messages from your mobile phone to your PDA’s memo pad.
You can import messages (including Names and Numbers) to the MemoPad Palm application, the imported text can be then synchronized, beamed, etc.
Export sent SMS messages from 2dphone to your PDA’s memo pad.
You can export sent SMS messages (including Names and Numbers) to the MemoPad Palm application, the exported text can be then synchronized, beamed, etc.
Use 2dphone Book for up to 9999 contacts
2dphone Book list shows your contacts sorted (case sensitive) by first name. It also shows you the origin of each contact and the cellular phone number of the contact. You can find contacts by typing the first few letters of the contact’s first name. 2dphone Book also shows you the total number of contacts in the database. You can also scroll through your contact list page by page.
The 2dphone Book has been expanded to handle up to 9999 contacts.
Download and merge all contacts/phone numbers to 2dphone Book from: PDA Address Book, mobile SIM phone list, and mobile MEM phone list.
You can merge data into 2dphone Book from three sources: your PDA’s address book, your selected mobile phone’s SIM card, and your selected mobile phone’s memory (MEM). To import data from one of these three sources tap on the merge button for that source. When merging from your PDA’s address book, 2dphone Professional only downloads those contacts that have a cellular phone number. This process enables you select recipients for your SMS messages from a comprehensive list of all your contacts.
Update mobile SIM phone list and/or mobile MEM phone list to reflect changes made in 2dphone Book.
This view of a 2dphone Book contact entry highlights how 2dphone is aware of the origin of each contact. In this case the contact was downloaded from the SIM of a Nokia 6210. 2dphone allows you to modify and upload this contact back to the phone (“Upload”) or to a new location (“Upload to…”). Changes made to this entry will be saved to 2dphone Book as well.
When viewing a single contact entry in 2dphone Book, the application displays the original source of the contact, which can be one of the following:
1. PDA (The entry was originally downloaded and merged from your PDA Address Book to 2dphone)
2. 2dp (The entry was inserted directly in 2dphone Professional)
3. SIM (The entry was originally downloaded and merged from your mobile phone’s SIM phone list)
4. MEM (The entry was originally downloaded and merged from your mobile phone’s MEM phone list)If the contact entry was originally downloaded and merged from your mobile phone’s SIM or from your mobile phone’s MEM, it is possible to send that entry back to the selected mobile phone, in its original memory position, by tapping on the “Update” button. 2dphone will send the information to the selected phone and will update the entry found in the selected mobile phone. Entries are matched using the memory position so it is important to be sure not to overwrite the wrong entry on your phone. This can only happen if, since your last merge operation, you have replaced the contact in that memory position with another contact.
Add any contact and phone number from 2dphone Book to mobile SIM phone list and/or mobile MEM phone list.
The add feature is similar to the update feature described above and it is used when a contact entry found in 2dphone Book does not exist in the selected phone. This feature is invoked by tapping on the “Upload New” button when viewing an individual contact entry. Depending on the information available, after tapping on the “Upload New” button, the application will ask you where you want to upload the contact entry (SIM or MEM) and will show you the next available memory position where the contact will be inserted. In essence, this process duplicates a contact entry in 2dphone Book to your selected mobile phone.
Find 2dphone Book contacts
When viewing your list of 2dphone Book contacts, it is possible to search for a particular entry without scrolling the entire list. Tap next to the “Find” label and enter the first few characters of the contact you want to find. 2dphone will jump to the first matching entry. Please note that 2dphone performs a case sensitive search.
Edit and save entries in 2dphone Book
When viewing an individual 2dphone Book contact entry you can modify the name and/or cellular phone number and save changes to 2dphone Book.
Delete Contact entries in 2dphone Book
When viewing an individual 2dphone Book contact entry you can delete the entry from 2dphone Book by tapping on the delete button.
Delete the entire 2dphone Book
When viewing the entire 2dphone Book, you can delete the entire 2dphone Book by tapping on Options->Delete 2dphone Book.
Delete sent SMS Messages
When viewing the entire 2dphone Book, you can delete the entire sent SMS log by tapping on Options->Delete all SMS Messages.
Set your default number preferences
You can store in 2dphone the default country code that will automatically be added to all SMS message recipients that do not already include a country code. You can also store in 2dphone whether you want 2dphone to automatically remove the leading “0” digit from the cellular phone number.
Cut and Paste commands
You can cut and paste information from other PDA applications to 2dphone.
2dphone provides context-sensitive help. To read the help message tap on the help icon at the top right edge of the screen. When you are done reading the help message tap on the close button to return to the application.
2dphone is compatible with III, V, m, Visor and other PDA brands running PalmOS® 3.3 or higher. 2dphone has been tested with Nokia 7110, Nokia 6210, Siemens S35, and Ericsson R320, Ericsson T68.
In general 2dphone should be supported by any IrDA enabled mobile, however since 2dphone communicates with AT standard commands, we recommend to test the free version of 2dphone and/or contact us email@example.com
Users reported compatibility with Nokia 8210-8250-8310-8890, Motorola Timeport p7389, Ericsson T28, T39, etc. We cannot assure full support for untested mobile devices.
Web site: www.2dp.it/e2dphone.asp