RichReader is a Word and HTML document reader for Palm Computing® Platform handheld devices. Unlike other document readers, the power of this program is its ability to display richly formatted text from any word processor/application which can create RTF files or HTML files. Small, Medium, Large, and Fixed width fonts are provided. Normal, Bold, Italic, and Bold Italic font styles can be applied to any font along with solid and dotted underlining. Many paragraph properties are available: indentation (left and first line), center justification, right justification, and bullets/numbers. The Euro symbol has been added to the small and medium fonts. Tables are displayed with thin and thick lines separating cells and rows. Several PC programs are provided to convert RTF and HTML files to the text format used by RichReader. Documents on the Palm are in AportisDoc™ format (compressed or uncompressed).
----- V1.60 - 01/24/2000
* Categories! Up to 30 user defined categories can be created for document grouping.
* Option for Large or Small View controls. Several users have requested larger controls for the scrollbar and icons on the View screen to make tapping easier.
* Documents in the Main window are now sorted by name. Also, the selected
document will display the Date, Size, and Category in the status lines.
* Linux versions of the document converters RTF2Doc and HTML2Doc.
* Fix for non-ASCII character conversion in HTML2Doc.
----- V1.54 - 08/02/1999
* Released RichReader Freeware version!
* Fixed bug which caused a crash if View button was pressed and there was no
document selected from the list.
* Fixed issue where Word created bookmarks which contained only blanks. RichReader will suppress any bookmarks which are blank.